ACHPER has a proud tradition that goes back to 1955 when the organisation had its beginnings in the Australian Physical Education Association. ACHPER has approximately 3,000 members nationwide and has a Branch in each state and territory (excluding ACT). ACHPER QLD began delivering services to Queensland teachers in 1986.
Fellows and Life Members
ACHPER QLD would not exist without the dedication and hard work of our Fellows and Life Members.
Teacher Award Recipients
Each year ACHPER QLD celebrates the ingenuity and exceptional teaching ability across Queensland schools.
Teacher Awards Honour Board
Some Interesting Facts
• ACHPER QLD began delivering services to Queensland teachers in 1986
• Each year ACHPER QLD delivers Professional Development events for Health and Physical Education teachers and Public Relation events raising awareness and publicity in the general community of the importance of Health & Physical Education.
• ACHPER QLD delivers services, training and advocacy across the three educational sectors.
Since the inception of ACHPER QLD:
• More than 22 000 educators have participated in professional training programs and events.
• More than 8 000 school girls have attended our Women in Sport Breakfast and listened to more than 100 high profile female athlete role models.
What do we do?
We’ve been taking care of health and physical education teachers for over 25 years.
Since 1986 we’ve made it our business to represent, protect and nourish Queensland health and physical education teachers in every way possible.
We’ve advocated on behalf of our members to make sure health and physical education and the promotion of active and healthy lifestyle is at the forefront of the governments’ mind. With our expert management committee, and media experts pressuring to change policy, enact legislation and reduce red tape at all levels of government.
We’ve listened to our members so that we can speak on their behalf, with our influence and persistence making sure everyone’s voice gets heard.
We’ve promoted training and education to make our members more competitive, with industry-certified professionals and courses up-skilling workforces and enhancing business performance.
We’ve identified and researched emerging industry issues to keep our members up-to-date, with our information and knowledge team providing insights and analysis for members to develop real teaching intelligence.
We’ve created business networks and commercial partnerships to better connect our members, with our networking team setting up connections that deliver untold opportunities to grow businesses and reduce costs.
We’ve taken the lead role in creating the best possible environment for Queensland businesses to succeed, because we know that by taking care of business we’re ensuring everyone can reach their full potential.